Kingdoms of Antiquity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms of Antiquity

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ancient Forum

Go down 
+4
Ezria
Jaymes
Solar Storm
Talis
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ezria

Ancient Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Rather than giving traits based on age, why don't we tie them to moderations, wars, and D2D events? It honestly feels cheap just because they age 10 years they get a trait, not to mention unless we're doing every 2 or 3 years a turn that's going to be slowgoing just to get another character.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm

I think Barbarians should be able to make use of like half sized units that way they can begin with a larger variety. Current three barbarian tribes could only start off with roughly 20 Manpower meaning two units. Very limited in the beginning regarding variety. If they were allowed the choice between half sized units of 5MP (10,000 troops for them) or 10MP units it'd allow them to have either

A) Cheaper large units (they're paying one price of say 20 gold for 20K men while others would pay double that for 20K men but doing so would only allow two units at the beginning roughly)

or

B) Smaller units that would take more money from a barbarian stand point but allow them a more versitile army (EX. still be paying that same 20 gold but it'd be for only 10K men aka 5 manpower but this will allow them more unit types but cost more in the long run. Instead of two units at 15-20 gold apeice it'd be like 4 units at 15-20 gold a peice) Still allows them to feild their army but gives them more variety in tactics and equal out the battles instead of their opponents just countering whatever unit the Barbarian has which in choice A they'd have one of two units...not that hard to do.

Quote :
When you've created the Military Unit you want. You can recruit them in Units, which are 10,000 men a piece. 1 Manpower Point equals 1,000 soldiers. So 1 Unit is 10 Manpower.

Think because of this quote option B is best. States that Units are 10,000 men a piece so a half sized Barbarian unit (aka 5MP) would be 10,000 men. But it also states that 1 Manpower is 1,000 soldiers so Barbarians don't fit under this category, so one unit of 10,000 men for them is actually 5 MP and not 10 MP.

Last edited by Jaymes on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a quote from the forum mechanics)
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 pm

New update came up so gonna update my application to reflect the current update. No worries cuz I haven't bought nothing for this turn or even got up and D2D/Diplomacy so shouldn't be an issue, seems like manpower ain't really an issue either (might as well edit that in the Forum Mechanics cuz Theo gots a big old army). My army also has to be edited to reflect current prices and current start off gold for units for a Tribal Civ as it's called now. Will edit my characters as well cuz random traits basically based upon their actions seems legit, but that being the case gonna edit their ages most likely and get the two starcrossed love birds closer together in age Wink Also with settlements probably gonna increase my population.

So person/persons with admin power, please update my dossier to reflect these changes that happened sometime while I was at work. Arigato gozaimasu -_-

Question though with Cultured Con of Bureacracy shouldn't stability of other nations settlements be higher then the 4 it is for all the Tribal nations or is that just the starting off point for tribal and Civilized/Cultured have different levels?
Back to top Go down
Ryan-Caexi

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:17 am

So here is an idea/suggestion: why don't we add biomes to the kingdom creation? Just a thought since not everyone is going to have the same terrain and would be a good resource for wars and skirmishes.
Back to top Go down
Vaklu176

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:14 am

I would like to suggest the following system for all future battles.

After the battle is posted with a full list of units involved All forces pm the mod providing the initial disposition of their troops.
Then the mod will provide a simple map of the battle field so the players involve will know roughly where all visible troops are.

Then play will continue as it has with each player posting their moves in order as specified by the mod.
At each modmark an updated map will be given to provide players with an idea of where their troops are for the start of their next action.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm

That sounds like a big pain tbh. But for future battles, I would like terrain and weather to be factored in as well if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
AspenIvan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let all of you know that I am neither dead nor leaving this forum. However, I am pretty overwhelmed right now, both in situation and emotionally, so I am not in the best state to be posting at the moment. I just can't handle it right now. If things calm down as I expect them to, I should be able to post tomorrow or the day after.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and for sparking off that panic bomb I saw in the chatbox archives. Hopefully, this forum should be back to active in the next few days!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Hey Ezria, how'd that unit of Sundh Hunters get destroyed...they just broke and fled and then nothing stats how they were destroyed. Also did I not get renown for that battle? Just wondering, also is artillary like archers and what not or like seige catapult weapons?
Back to top Go down
AspenIvan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Well, just after getting over a hectic week, I have now had the pleasure of having my computer stolen. Hopefully, this won't cause any trouble here, but it could mean that "AspenIvan" lets loose a barrage of troll posts in the following days. Most likely, it will just mean that I have to deal with slower internet and less time to post, since the computer I am using now is a shared desktop that somehow struggles to get a good connection with the router directly under it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Forum   Ancient Forum - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancient Forum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2