Kingdoms of Antiquity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms of Antiquity

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+7
ETTC
Theodorable
Vaklu176
AspenIvan
Safavid
Talis
Solar Storm
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Solar Storm
Admin
Solar Storm

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello! Didn't see this thread, so I decided to make it.

...First comment: Can we change the background?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Sure.

Honestly I'm aiming for something that implies the New World / Colonial setting, but I'll admit my stylistic and technical skills are below par. If you think you can make the forum look nice I'd be fine with handing you the keys and letting you do whatever.

Also: Does anyone know where Theo ran off to? I'd still like to use the Empire of Mille-Sessau, but if he's disappeared again I might have to scrap it.
Back to top Go down
https://colonialinterests.rpg-board.net
Solar Storm
Admin
Solar Storm

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Sure, I'll give it a shot. New World/Colonial, huh? Maybe something like the current background, just... not it.
Back to top Go down
Safavid
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 am

Oh so this is where everyone ran off too. xD
Back to top Go down
AspenIvan
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:20 am

So...now that Survaek's finished, what can I do to help?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:42 am

I still need the name of Survaek's capital.

I also need suggestions for armors and weapons, and I need to finish the Stock Market system. The map's in production. Once those three things are complete we'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Safavid
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 am

Weapons:
Some obvious weapon choices are muskets or bolt action rifles, the setting strikes me more around the 1870's through 1880's rather than the 1700's anyway. It would also make sense if you incorporated both, as I imagine a country like the Tonga would have antiquated weapons. There's also the possibility you could have specialized ammunition as an accessory? IE one that has more penetrating power or one that allows greater range. You could also go with pikes, sabers, revolvers or flintlock pistols etc they would all fit well here, even some rudimentary form of rockets (Congreve rockets) for example.

As far as armor, that's more difficult since gunpower negated a lot of the uses of armor during the Colonial Era. But since this is a magic setting, maybe you could have body armor like a cuirass that is capable of stopping full on rounds for standard infantry.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:22 am

Those are possible, although I'm leaning a little more towards the melee weapons route because of the magitech setting. If you can get enchanted armor that can turn bullets then swords and such are still a viable option. The end result is going to be something of a weird mix between 1800's level firearm weapons and medieval melee capabilities.

I think if I include bolt-action rifles or the like they'll be third-tier ranged weapons. That could fill that gap...
Back to top Go down
AspenIvan
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:56 am

If that's the case, then the arquebus and handgonne spin-offs seem a bit silly. And I take it that by bolt-action rifles, you mean single-shot needle guns, right? 'Cause magazine-fed, metal cartridge-firing bolt action rifles weren't really mass-produced until well into the 1890s at the earliest. In any case, I actually prefer the 17th-century-ish firearms. Since complex machinery in this setting seems to require the oversight, if not the regular intervention of expert mages, it makes sense to me that magical personal infantry weapons would have to stay relatively simple. A needle gun could work in theory, but even a homeland soldier may not have the skills necessary to safely work magical projectiles or fireballs through a relatively delicate, 1870s-style reloading mechanism.

Anyways, the name of Survaek's capital is Foedinei, as per usual. As for weapons suggestions, you could add to the melee weapons list something to cover the general category of blunt weapons (maces, flails, warhammers, etc) and heavy edged weapons (battleaxes, bardiches, scythes, etc). Short spears and javelins would also make sense, and you could add short swords as an accessory. Other accessories could include primitive grenades, camouflage, and magical medical equipment. Furthermore, the enchanter's workshop could function as a way to improve lower-tier weapons, for example turning regular swords into ember swords and bows into magebows, for a fixed cost per company, effectively creating whole new tiers of melee and non-firearm projectile weapons.

Now, as for the stock market, what do you have in mind as of yet?
Back to top Go down
Vaklu176

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:03 pm

I'd like to ask for some lower tech ranged weapons even if they're just crossbows and such. That way you aren't stuck with "muskets" or nothing.
Also could the homeland information include an average physical description of the people. It would help with the RP for commanders.
Back to top Go down
Safavid
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Another thing that could help is an idea of the influences behind each country. Obviously Mille Sessau is French but I'm confused as to what the Kingdom of Tonga is based off of. Is it Arabic or Asian? Or some kind of mix?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 pm

I can do physical descriptions of ethnicities. A lot of the infantry weapons aren't done yet, so hold your horses there.

As for the influences behind the countries, it's not always a 1-to-1 correlation. Mille-Sessau is French, obvious. Skshyk is probably closest to the Italian city-states of the renaissance, but with a more disciplined and unitarian bent. Survaek... I'm not sure what Survaek would be.

Togna, though, is largely based on the Zulu Empire, with inspirations coming from the Ottoman Empire and India.
Back to top Go down
Solar Storm
Admin
Solar Storm

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:34 pm

General Discussion Aw82hh

Hmph. What do you think of this banner? I think it's missing a few things. Is it a good base?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm

I think I agree entirely with your assessment. It's an excellent base, but it's missing something.

Oh, and I've given you carte-blanche powers to edit the appearance of the forum. You should have access to the administration panels and such now.
Back to top Go down
Solar Storm
Admin
Solar Storm

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

I see.

I'm having trouble coming up with a background image. Do you have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Vaklu176

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:03 pm

I think the color scheme could use some tweaking you can hardly read things in quote boxes
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:48 am

Forum is very near completion. The map is done and the mechanics are up. All I need to do is assign which resources can be found in which regions.

So! You should all be looking at the newly divided map and thinking where you would like to start and what your first turn's actions are going to be.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:50 pm

The forum is very, very close to completion right now. All that remains is the simple job of establishing unit prices, which I have already begun. Unfortunately it's also a monumentally difficult task which is going to require some mathematics on my part. Still, the forum will almost certainly be done before the end of the week, so it's not too soon to start thinking about what you want to do for your first turn.
Back to top Go down
Theodorable
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

I want to be some natives. Right nao!

And Mille-Sessau. Right nao.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:44 pm

If you'll read the homeland information, the Kingdom of Togna is a native faction. As for Mille-Sessau... where were you two weeks ago? I had given up on having Mille-Sessau and added Coxland, so now I'll have to consider if a fifth homeland is appropriate and how it would balance out.

Still, glad to see you. I hope you enjoy the forum. I'm going to start approving applications tonight.
Back to top Go down
Theodorable
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:11 pm

No Mille-Sessau, it's all good! I'm not worried.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Finally got Coxland's brief up. The forum is completely operational. You'll be seeing my own company as soon as I finish working on it.
Back to top Go down
AspenIvan
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 am

AWESOME!!! =D

A few notes, though:

1. I have finished the Audejjai Company, and am awaiting approval.

2. Could you add the spellgonne to the components section? I needz my arty workshop making spellgonnes!

3. What construct makes Survaekom Flamemail?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 pm

1. You're now approved.

2. I'll get that right away.

3. Integran Armorer.

I thought I got all the special equipment, but I guess I missed a couple. I'll get right on it.
Back to top Go down
AspenIvan
Admin

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 pm

By the way, Talis, do you have any ideas for a bonus for the Accountant trait?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdoms of Antiquity :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: